Tuesday, June 2, 2009

alaska bound!

So big news. Jonny IM's me and asks, " if we were to get a change of station, where would you want to go?" of course i picked the south, i was really digging the thought of no snow after 4 winters in upstate NY. So jonny says how about north? -_- i went " oh no.....alaska?" turns out yes alaska! i was a little ambivilant to whether i wanted to really go. but now, after some long thinking and research, i'm excited as all get out.

I keep thinking that i'm gonna be up close and personal with the northern lights, all the mtns, and animals. Mooses! i'm gonna see mooses! and reindeer, i am now the envy of all the kids ;) Everyone i've talked to has loved it up there, and i really think i will too.

But this move really put a kink in my plans. I was originally planning to stay in Ohio till septemberish. then move back to NY. But now with the threat of our orders we have to have at least 6 months " sustainability " in the house on drum, and i wanted to take my self off of deployment hold, relatively quick in case that his orders came in before a house became available. But, of course i took myself off deployment hold on friday, and today, a tuesday, i got a house LOL. I have to say i'm excited to have my own place. Not that living with my mom hasn't been a blast, all we do is laugh. plus she does the dishes! but i want to move. like now. i LOVE setting up house. its why i love moving! that and the automatic purgeing that happens.

but its set up so we're gonna move on the 27th. but I *think* that the army will the stuff i have in storage in NY for me. if they do that wow will i love them I have one of those old tv's that weigh the equivelant of a baby elephant and one hell of an awkward tv stand lol. well anyway thats my big news! Alaska Away!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

That does sound kinda cool.