Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When it Rains, It Pours.

So, I've been feeling right with the world. I got my uhaul truck for the move, even finagled 50 extra miles, and 2 more days for free. So i could move stuff to the storage bin, which i also purchased. Got my move out date, inspection, and bulk pick up dates set. My mom is coming up for a week of utter boredom/cleaning/packing ( what we are going to do without internet noone knows!!! we'll probably end up in the corner rocking!) And then i was brushing my dog, and she started shying away when I got to her leg. Upon inspection, i found a lump. a round thing, about the size of a half dollar -_-;

SO, i call the vet, schedule an appt, which was today. Turns out, she has cancer. I'm so upset. She's my baby! she's 8 years old, and i've had her all that time. So we're having 'rushed' surgery on thursday to remove the tumor, and then we wait on the pathology, to see if its stage 1,2,or 3. I don't know why it strikes me so weird that Canine cancer is treated so much the same to Human cancer. I guess cancer is cancer no matter where it is.

Apparently they even have chemo and radiation for dogs. But i don't think i can do that to her. There was one guy whose dog lived 7 months into chemo, by the end of it he had to drag his dog screaming, into the hospital. I don't think i can inflict that on her, even if it would up her survival rate a bit. Not to mention the 8,000-10,000 dollar bills. I don't know. all we can hope is its stage one, and it will be over with on thursday. I don't want to give her up yet :(


Photobucket


Photobucket
Kira and our old dog niko, the heffer XD

Photobucket
she was so adorable as a puppy!

Photobucket

i want to share how came to adopt her, but the details involve some sensitive events that i need to ask my mother if i can share, so we will see :)

2 comments:

Amia The XenoCat said...

Ok I remember reading the first blog reading about the endo thing now, but I guess it didn't really dawn on me what that meant. I created this account a lil bit ago just to follow your blog and maybe keep one here of my own as well. I had simply forgotten about it.. hehe

Sorry for missing so much *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope your dog will be ok. It is rough knowing that your pet, who is part of your family is suffering. I know my dog's time is coming soon :-( We believe he has cancer as well, plus he has horrible arthritis.

On a lighter note...have fun packing lol. So you are moving back home for a bit right? We should hang out sometime.