Wednesday, August 20, 2008

long ago....

So here's what all has happened. Me and jonny, have been trying to have a baby for almost three years, maybe more now. I really am awful at gageing time -_-;;. so after much putting off i finally go to a gynocologist, for a regular check up, and a referal. Tricare works all weird. you have to have a reference to go to a "speciality" doctor.

Well after being reprimanded like 8 times for not coming in sooner ( it had been like 6 years >.> ) i got my tests done and a referal for a Dr, lets call him Dr. D :)
I couldn't get into him till the next month or so. But the next morning i get a call from the pap smear Dr. But of course i was sleeping so all i got was Jonny calling me the dr called him and that it was important that i call him back.... Okay so right then i think i had a heart attack. I had every possible horrible diagnoses going through my head in a matter of a minute... so I rush ( rather groggily to a phone and try to call him back. and of course he wasn't there.... so for about an hour, I fretted adn stressed waiting for the call back. I was sure i had cancer, or something of the like. He finally calls back... turns out i had an infection, thats it.... i nearly collapsed. he also told me that it could be why i was having trouble conceiveing. false hope #1 lol.


well i took my meds, got put on prenatals, and waited to see Dr. D. He was interesting when i first got there. It was just sort of a "get to know you appt" we sat in a room, and he asked questions, i answered then he proceeded to talk so fast that to this day, i have no clue what he was talking about.I know i heard disorder or syndrome in there somewhere. He ordered blood work, and an ultrasound, and sent me on my way. Oh and a lovely semen analysis for Jonny.


I was actually concerned a bit for jon's semen analysis, you all those tv shows, where the men freak out over it. Its like taking a jab at their masculinity or so they portray it. He's been amazing about it though, i could just kiss him for being such a trooper :) actually i think i did :D

But the Blood work, ultrasound and semen came back. I was then diagnosed with PCOS ( poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and jons semen analysis came back abnormal. Honestly the first thought in my head was " well...shit." from what i understood it isn't impossible to get pregnant, but its definetly going to be interesting.

I know now, about MY Pcos, but at the time, Dr. D didn't tell me anything, or suggest how to manage it, or even what it was aside from a hormone imbalance and cysts on my ovaries. I tried to ask him questions but he either wasn't listening or didn;t know. Everything, until recently, i learned about PCOS was from the internet. PCOS is an Insulin resistance, that screws with everything. The IR causes to much testosterone in your system, causeing hairgrowth and thick ovarian skin ( i don't know if thats a word >.>) The fertility issues stems from because of all that, i can't seem to ovulate very well. we only have a few periods a year, and some ( not all) become overweight because of all that.


but he ( dr d) decided to do a dye test, and that teh plan of action beside that was Clomid, adn then IUI's. Clomid is a drug that helps stimulate growth in your ovarians, helping us to ovulate. and IUI's is where you ovualate, adn they put sperm directly into your uterus. So as far as i knew that was what was going to happen. and that was back in may -_-

No comments: